Thursday 26 May 2011

Creating Atheist Fine Art - post at Mad Art Lab

I'm really excited that today I've got my first post up at Mad Art Lab, the Skepchick art, skepticism and science blog.

It's raising the issue of creating atheist fine art - can metaphorical imagery create paintings as effective in their message as Gnu Atheist bloggers do in their writing?

I'd love for The Flying Trilobite's readership to check out the post, and please comment there! Do I make a good case?  Are there better examples than the ones I use?

Thanks to Surly Amy for the invitation to contribute to Mad Art Lab and to Brian G George for help with editing and formatting.

Check out the post!

- - - - - - - - 

Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow

2 comments:

ashirwaad-holiday-apts-goa said...

Congrats! Read the post there too. Just one personal question. Doesn't creating show the existence of God?
Goa cheap accommodation,

Glendon Mellow said...

How would creating anything show the existence of a god? Plate tectonics create mountains. Wind and waves create stunning rock formations. Sperm and egg create living organisms. Many many things can be explained without any need to invoke a god's involvement.

If you're saying my creating painting is godlike, thanks, but it's all human. ;-)

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |