Friday 5 June 2009

In the works: self-portrait for Drawing Day

Tomorrow is the second annual Drawing Day, as I discovered a recently. The goal is to see over 1 million drawings be uploaded onto the intertubes to remind people of the fun/magic/horror/whymightymonkeywhy of making marks.

I plan on putting up some pieces that have been sitting around the ol' sketchbooks.

Yesterday I made it a mission to do a self-portrait, and I am almost complete. A perfectly vain and pompous project for my birthday. It is only intended to be in pencil, but looking at it, I think I could make use of my tablet and colourize this one down the road. I downloaded Gimp a while back, the free imaging program, and maybe this would be a worthy experiment.

That black stuff behind the head? Not sure what that is? One friend suggested it's my ego.


Hm. It's missing my freckles. Drawing should be completed tomorrow for Drawing Day!
- - - - - - - -
Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow under Creative Commons Licence.
Flying Trilobite Gallery *** Flying Trilobite Reproduction Shop ***
Created for Drawing Day - www.drawingday.org


2 comments:

traumador said...

i was thinking you were about to tame the surface of the sun as your next canvas in the pic, and thus the black stuff is your entry friction against the sun's corona.

glendon super hero artist for our time... in this week's issue he decides to give the sun a bit of a make over, but can he prevail against its immense gravity and heat?!? stay tuned to find out!

but hey i only have a brain the size of a peanut...

m said...

excellent, a true likeness! I won't be attempting a self-portrait, i'm not vain enough (or is it that i'm too narcissistic to ever match my true beauty?) :p

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |